Thursday, January 28, 2010

ugh.


It's so winter. it really is. it makes me want to not use proper punctuation, and wear my yoga pants a lot, and drink a lot of coffee and read a lot of books by my fireplace. unfortunately, my plan is often foiled by A) having to leave the house for food and general supplies, and B) three small children, who for some reason do not think reading books by the fire and drinking coffee is necessarily an ALL DAY activity. (luckily, they don't really have an opinion on the yoga pants! YAY!) Although that big one...by the way he's ravenously devouring books lately, i'm starting to think he's coming around. i've got my eye on him....

ahem. anyhow. it's just been a lot lately. i'm not usually one for the winter blues (seeing as how i LOVE LOVE LOVE the seasons, and the cold, and did i mention i LOVE the seasons? have you heard how i feel about FALL?) but this year, they seem to have caught up with me. as a super awesome band once sang,

"And maybe it's the time of year,
Yes and maybe it's the time of man.
And I don't know who I am,
But life is for learning."

thank you, crosby stills and nash. and thank you bill wertz, for the crosby stills and nash education.

so, yeah. i haven't really been wanting to blog, because there's lots of stuff that i just don't really want to talk about. which is probably avoidance, and probably delayed processing, and probably just me being a person who withdraws periodically, because i can. it could also have something to do with my thirty second birthday being right around the corner.....ouch. when did i get to be 32? how is this possible? i'm ninety percent sure i was like 19 just a few weeks ago.....hmmm. fishy.

so i'll leave you with some photos of one thing i do love in the winter....the oregon coast. it's so spectacularly beautiful and dramatic and dark and stormy. i love a good dark and stormy day every once in a while. luckily, i live in oregon. they are in ready supply.











1 comment:

Tracey said...

Don't worry Sarah March is just around the corner and I will be happy to sit around the fire and read with you. Or better yet I will play with the kids and you can read all you want either way it will be a great way to celebrate the arrival of spring! I miss hanging with you. By the way I am doing my fair share of sitting around and reading but I do find time to swim laps and practice my bass!

love you lots and thanks for keep up on the blogging

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online