Sunday, August 31, 2008

30 days and counting...

Well, the countdown has finally started. We were officially given a date for Chloe's surgery on Friday afternoon. Right now, she is scheduled for Monday, September 29. Normally I like to show off my razor sharp wit and sparkling humor on this blog, but the fact of the matter is that we are a little bit terrified and yet happy to have an end date all of a sudden. We know that in 30 days we'll be handing our baby girl over to a (ridiculously qualified) team of neurosurgeons and plastic surgeons. My head knows that this is going to be a piece of cake for our doctor, and that Chloe will never remember it. We've seen pictures, and read stories on various websites and we know how the day will go. In my head, I know that Chloe will be okay. But my heart can't really see how we're going to let her out of our arms.

I just keep re-reading the same verse in Jeremiah..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope." (Jer.29:11) I have to believe that Chloe is safe in the cradle of those plans, whatever they may be. She is a sweet, radiant joy to us, and we know that God will keep her safe. Please continue to pray for us as we wait out these last 30 days.

2 comments:

Sarri said...

You are all definitely in our prayers, Sarah! Even more so in the next 30 days.

Tracey said...

when we sang He is in control yesterday at church I was thinking about our little angel the whole time
love you
mom

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online