Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And the winner is...



Me. Today, I am thankful that women stood up and demanded to be counted. Today, I am thankful that long ago, a woman who would never know me went to prison, staged a hunger strike, and was force-fed by prison guards so that I could speak my piece. I'm thankful that my husband does not have to speak for me, nor my father, my brother, nor my sons. I speak for myself. And today, no matter who you cast your ballot for, you stand on the shoulders of hundreds of fearless women to do so. They were ridiculed, attacked, mocked, disregarded, and disenfranchised so that you don't have to be. So, I'm thankful for my vote. And the vote that someday my daughter and perhaps my granddaughters will have.

And if you didn't vote, you just made my list. And that's not good.

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

Amen sista! Althought, I STILL can't vote. The crazy immigration laws do not allow me to do so. Should I be the first to go to prison for my right as a green card holder to vote?

Kelly said...

I would also like to add my "AMEN"
and by the way, yes, I did vote.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online