Friday, December 7, 2007

My Table (or not)

Those of you who know me (which is probably all of you, or else why are you reading this?) may recall that I've been shopping for a dining room table since about, oh, April or so. Due to the fact that I am becoming EXTREMELY picky in my old age, it's been an ordeal to say the least. Put it this way: Thanksgiving was all about folding tables and folding chairs. Well, the search is over.




I've fallen in love with this solid slab walnut table from a company called Hudson Furniture in NY. Hooray! So what's the bad news? Well, let's start with the fact that they custom make each piece, and rather than list their prices, they just recommend you call. Translate that to "If you have to ask, it's too expensive." Then let's move on to the fact that I would have to figure out how to get a 7 foot table from NY to Oregon. Hmmm. Translate that to "Completely out of your price range." Bummer. But, while we're dream shopping here, I think I'll also take the buffet to match:



And throw in a few of these lovely nesting table for good measure:



Ahh, to dream. By the way, if anyone knows where I can get a good knockoff of these one of a kind pieces of art, please share!

Here's the link to Hudson Furniture if you have oodles of cash burning a hole in your pocket and you need a new table:
www.hudsonfurnitureinc.com

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online