Monday, December 3, 2007

Welcome to our blog!

Hi everyone (all 3 of you who will faithfully read this!). So here I am, an almost 30-year-old mom of (almost) three kids, with a degree in journalism, entering the PUBLISHING world for the first time. You do know that's what they call blogging now? I am an internet publisher! There's even a little orange button at the bottom of this page that says "PUBLISH." If only I had known all these year that it was that easy. Ahh, c'est la vie, no?

So, I figured that many of you may not have heard from us in some time. Well, here's why. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with baby Butler #3, who at a VERY small size has been causing some very BIG problems. At about week 7 in my pregnancy, I started to get the same nausea and vomiting problems I had with the first two - only worse. Long story short, in the last 10 weeks I have had a PICC line put in, spent 5 days at OHSU hospital in Portland, am taking 3 different anti-nausea medications, and have lost 18 pounds. And trust me, the weight loss is NOT worth the misery! The baby, however, will be worth it. I can say this because we are now on the upswing - eating little bits, getting out of bed for short periods of time - you know, the little things.

I thought I'd include a brief update in photos of life since August, so here goes!

Over Labor Day Weekend, Jackson (5 yrs) was in his first surf contest. He came in 4th out of 14 kids in a cagtegory that was age 4-12!





Of course we all got some surf in since we spent the weekend in Newport.



In September, Jackson started kindergarten. That was a day that made me feel old...



Aidan misses Jack while he's at school, but he's getting on just fine!



They are quite a pair. I'll try to do some more updating as I blog my way into 2008!

2 comments:

Sarri said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogging world. It's quite something! Glad you are feeling a little better. Phew!

Amy Brewer said...

Hey Sara,
Thanks for the morning laugh with my coffee. :) You are in my number 2 position for best blog I've seen. Yes, your wit will keep me coming back. Loved all your commentaries, and if you could just send out your stuff first so I can publish from your contacts, I would appreciate it. We saw the rainbow too and didn't get a picture, thanks.
much love, amy and the boys

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online