Sunday, December 30, 2007

A very merry Christmas...to ME!

I have many blessings in my life. This I know. One of the big ones is my husband, who is an amazing father, a best friend, and pretty damn funny to boot. As if all that weren't enough, he happens to be a VERY talented gift giver. He has a knack. In fact, most of my girlfriends agree that he should start a workshop in November each year, where husbands can sign up for a trip to the mall with him, and he will instruct them in the finer arts of choosing Christmas, birthday, and anniversary gifts. Really, I'm not kidding.

FOR EXAMPLE: Let me tell you a little story about this Christmas.

Here's the preface. Hubby learned from early on in our marriage that I'm not really the type of girl who likes to get appliances as gifts. To me, vacuum cleaners and blenders generally equal work, not pleasure. However, this year I was actually excited when I unwrapped this:


I have been talking about wanting a waffle maker for months, so I was happy as a clam when I received this one. However, as Shawn excitedly described all the features, he encouraged me to open up the box and look inside. Oddly enough, THIS is what I found inside:



One can imagine my surprise, since this in NOT what you usually find inside a waffle maker. THIS is what was inside that little blue box:



Ummm...yes. And I was happy with the waffle maker! And the reason for this craziness, you might ask? (As I did) Well, I AM turning the big 3-0 in about three weeks, and as he said, it's been a rough few months for me with baby #3. He thought I deserved something special. What girl in her right mind can argue with that? I know. I know. I am a very lucky, very loved, and quite frankly, a wee bit spoiled little girl. What a Christmas.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online