Sunday, May 4, 2008

Horrible little beasts

I've realized why you're supposed to slow down and stop going places when you're this pregnant. It's because your other children start to behave like horrible little beasts in public. It's like they can sense weakness, you know?

We had to go to the garden store the other day to pick out some herbs for a gift. The boys, who are normally REASONABLY well behaved in public, turned into monsters. Aidan was trying to push the giant flatbed cart into a display of fish (real fish, in tanks) while the nice lady helped me get a bag of potting soil that I could never have lifted by myself. Jackson was in the background going "WOOO HOOO!" as Aidan hijacked the cart and laughing hysterically. After two attempts to make them stop nicely, I excused myself for a moment, grabbed them both by the shoulder with the death pinch (as Aidan yells "OWWW!YOU"RE PINCHING MY NECK" and lined them up against the counter so I could pay. I warned them that if their backs left the counter, they would both get a nice spanking when we got to the car. Of course, the second I turned my back, they made for the cart again. I was SO DONE with the garden store and the looks of pity by this time. So I nicely hissed in Jackson's ear "That's it. That's a spanking when we get to the car." What was his response? He tried to buy me off! "Mom, no, please! I'll give you a dollar!"

Seriously, a dollar? He' thinks I'm that easy? Needless to say, he learned that a dollar doesn't buy you much these days! :)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online