Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sorry....

Yes, I know, I've been shamefully lax on updating our blog. Pregnancy is starting to catch up with me, in the most unflattering ways! I'm about 2-3 weeks out from d-day at this point, so we've been running around like crazy people trying to finish everything we've been putting off for the last 6 months! (see previous posts) We've had weddings, baby showers (mine and others), MOPS, birthday parties, visits with Nana, and all kinds of fun stuff. I'll include a few slide shows to keep you all up to date!

My dear friends threw me the prettiest baby shower - so girly and JUST what I would have chosen for myself. It was tons of fun and the FOOD was fantastic. The cakes were SO pretty! We were lucky enough to have nana Carol here for the weekend, to join us for the shower and to celebrate Aidan's 3rd birthday. I can't believe he's 3! He loved the attention (of course) and got some pretty sweet gifts - between Nana & Mimi & Pa, he pretty much scored.


pirate ship courtesy of nana


quad courtesy of mimi & pa

We got to spend Aidan's real birthday with just the fam, dinner at Mimi & Pa's, with Nana, and the new ZIPLINE that Pa rigged up from the little treefort in their backyard. The boys had so much fun. Best quote of the night by far was Aidan yelling "I"M DIEGO!!!" as he whizzed down the line, with sheer JOY written all over his face. We followed up with presents, cake, and a campfire outside.

This weekend, we did a birthday party with his buddies - all he wanted was a surfing party like his brother had. Unfortunately we weren't in Cali for his birthday, so we had to make do. We watched part of the "Surf's Up" movie, did a surfing cake and had Hawaiian pizza. Good enough for Aidan! The hit of the day was a gift he actually got twice - our friends know him way too well. It was the "Superhero Starter Kit" - a book that comes with it's own cape, plus all kinds of pop-out masks, wristbands, and tips on becoming a superhero. Way too cool.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online