Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good reads...international version


So I have this little thing about reading. (Ha.) I'd pretty much rather sit and read a book than do anything, including talk to my husband and children much of the time. And yes, this could qualify me as a horrid selfish beastly person who would rather live in someone else's world than her own sometimes, but so what. I can live with that. You have to have something for sanity, and I think that drinking all day would be counterproductive. And not very safe.

Aaaanyhow...my parents brought me back a GREAT book from their trip to England. If you read my dad's blog, they found it on talk radio - BBC 4 or something, and listened to it while they drove. They knew I'd love it, and so far I do! It's called "Wife in the North" and is the story of a London mom with two boys, prego with a daughter, who moves out to the country to make her husband's dream come true. Only then he has to go back to London for days at a time to work. Humph. Much humor and heartache follow, as is expected for any new mom of three kids with a hubby who travels. Trust me, I know. So, when the book is published in the US on Aug. 3, check it out. I'd give you my copy to borrow, but it's signed by the author. So get your own! Or check out her blog - very funny!

1 comment:

Stacey J said...

Brittish books are so great. I don't know if you have ever read any of Sophie Kinsella books or Marian Keyes books but they are very funny. Have a good day.. Stacey

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online