Thursday, April 23, 2009

She's crafty...

Um, so yeah. I've been a teeny bit obsessively crafting lately. I can't stop. Part of it is probably because I finally got this book I've been wanting for like a month. Weekend Sewing is the perfect book for a busy mama sewer - filled with beautiful projects that can pretty much be completed in no more than a weekend (or two if you have a particularly fussy, teething baby. Grrr.)

I have a few projects earmarked.


Like 14. or so.

The first project I'm working on is this one:



In these yummy fabrics.
And yes, those are toadstools. The fabric is called...appropriately, Toadstools. I think they're super cute, and will make the table I'm hosting at an upcoming Mama's Tea quite lovely. Tomorrow, I'll be garage sale-ing for teacups. We shall see.....

Last night's project was a pincushion - because when you're crafting, it's also about how frickin' cute your crafty station is. And this is a CUTE pincushion. I was getting by with one of those dumb tomato things, and just decided I was over it. This project is from a great book by one of the crafty girls over at Purl Soho. (see crafty, sew-y goodness at left!)

Now, these photos are strategically taken, I will say. This was a simple project that got real ugly, real fast. I have never sewn a BALL before. Apparently, precision is key with those points at the top and bottom. Meh. It turned out okay. Don't look too close. :)


And because I'm feeling SUPER ambitious (it was sunny this week, okay? that makes me ambitious) I took on two OTHER projects. One for the mama:

amy butler barcelona skirt pattern
In this AWESOME fabric from this yummy designer

And then, finally, one more for the baby girl.

Speaking of. We're big on first birthdays around here. I love to pick the perfect theme for a first birthday, and so far I've hit the first two right on the head. Jackson's was Curious George (way before the new movie came out!) and he is SUCH the curious little man. Aidan's was a circus party, and well, you can draw your own conclusions. He is quite the class clown. So, I've settled on what I think will be a fab-o party theme for Chloe. See if you can guess.

I'm making her this dress:


In this fabric (which, by the way, is called "storybook.") Consider that hint #2.


Here are a few more hints...




Can you guess? :) More to come.....

If you tolerated all this sewing geekiness, you're either a relative, a good friend, or a serious sewing-nerd like me. Either way, thanks.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love the sewing projects! I have been searching for the perfect bag for here in Peru...on that doesn't scream "american tourist", closes on top, but is still cute enough that I don't feel frumpy...I have been using tyson's backpack for the last 3 months. All that to say I keep wishing I had my sewing machine so I could make it..maybe I will have to hire you:) Love your creativity Sarah! Tell your family hello from the Smiths!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online