Thursday, January 10, 2008

Baby Dreams...

It's been about three days since the Butler fam discovered a baby girl will be joining us in May. Granted, this is what I was really hoping for, but I was pretty convinced we were getting another boy. So, finally today I think it's sinking in. Here are a few of my favorite girl things I've been hoping we could use! So pink, really. So FUN. And it is the truth - I KNOW FIRSTHAND - that they make about a BILLION more cute things for girls than they do for boys. Shawn is afraid, very afraid.






I fell in love with these Cambodian Jingle anklets. Here's the story behind them:

"The History Behind Cambodian Jingle Bells Jewelry:
For thousands of years Cambodian mommies have adorned the feet of their precious babies with silver anklets that have small bells attached to them. This tradition is still alive as Emi s grandmother (who is from Cambodia) gifted her with her first baby anklets at her birth. Traditionally, it is believed that the delicate jingling sounds would protect young children by warding off bad spirits. They also serve a functional purpose by providing auditory clues to their children movements and activity."

I love the idea of being able to hear a crawling toddler no matter where they go! Plus, they are DARN cute.

From what I hear, the shopping has already begun (that means you, NANA!) I have a feeling that it isn't going to stop for about...oh...maybe 18 years, give or take a few.

Here's a pic of our OTHER favorite Butler girl - Charlotte is going to make a great playmate for us!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online