Tuesday, January 29, 2008

NYC, Part two...

Continuing the saga...I had one whole day to myself in the city, and although I would LOVE to say that I got up early, read the paper, had my coffee, and was out and about early in the morning, anyone who knows me would understand that was just a flat out lie. I slept in till 10:30, had a yummy fresh croissant and latte from the cafe downstairs, then shopped for about 4 hours straight. THEN, I got to spend a few hours at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That is truly an amazing place. To think that in one building you can see Celtic jewelry from a thousand years ago, pieces of an actual roman temple, 15 foot high buddahs, and original Van Gogh paintings. And that was about 4 rooms worth. There's three floors in the place! I could have spent the five days just in there, but I guess that's a good excuse to go back. I'll post some pics of just a FEW of my favorite finds. More to come!

The main staircase

Van Gogh's "Wheat fields with cypress"

Picasso

The statue gallery from above

1 comment:

Melissa said...

NY looks awesome! So glad you guys finally got to go! Sorry about the karma thing, but once again you made it really funny to read about!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online