Monday, March 3, 2008

Home again...

Well, the weary travelers are finally home! After a long day of airports and car rides, we are safe and sound - back to our "blue house" as Aidan kept calling it all week. We had a great trip to Southern Cal - lots of fun, friends, family, and adventures.

Sadly, I think that was probably our last big trip before baby B #3 makes her way into the world. We only have 11 weeks to go, and I have done...absolutely nothing to get ready. Do we have a name? No. A nursery? No. A carseat? No. Apparently the nesting instinct has not set in yet, except for in my car, which I spent two hours vacuuming and cleaning out a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, she can't sleep in there.

I thought I'd post our last few pictures from San Diego, of Jackson's birthday party. Usually (as many of you know) I have a big thing for birthday parties. Pregnancy has seriously cured me of that this time around. Jack said that all he wanted was a party at the beach where he could surf with all his friends. And a cake. That sounded perfect to me. I even let go enough to send Shawn, Jack and Aidan to Target ONE HOUR before the party, told them to pick out whatever snacks, drinks, and party supplies they wanted, and then Shawn's mom and I went across the shopping center and got a PEDICURE. Seriously. It was the most relaxing hour-before-a-party that I have spent in my life. :) The kids had a great time, even though it was more like a day at the Oregon coast than sunny Southern Cal. Let's just say that I was the only mommy out on the beach - everyone else was cozied up in the car! But my sister-in-law was gracious enough to let the whole crew come back to their house for cake, playtime, and they even set up the bouncy-house. Jackson said it was EXACTLY as much fun as he thought it would be. What else can you ask for?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online