Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Waiting to feel the urge....

Again, we're back to the nesting issue. Now, though, I'm having a new problem. I'm having the urge to "un-nest." Like, for instance, our friends the Gibsons left Monday for the MOST exciting adventure. They're taking their 3 kids (ages 2, 4, and 7) to Italy and Germany for 5 weeks. And I'm yearning to go with them! Even almost eight months pregnant, I'm feeling the itch to get the you-know-what out of here. And we're not talking little weekend trips to the beach, here (which we are doing this weekend). I'm talking about jonesing for a full on, international, multi-week adventure, with children in tow. Here's a rundown of last night's bedtime conversation:

Sarah: When can we go to Hawaii?
Shawn: Not for a while, maybe in the fall.
Sarah: How about the Bahamas? How long is that flight? The boys would like it. How old does the baby have to be before I can take her to the Bahamas?
Shawn: Have you picked a color for the baby room yet?


Do you think this could be another form of denial?

I keep waiting for that urge to kick in, you know? The one where you start baking things, and sewing things, and cleaning things, and rearranging furniture, and then you eat half a bag of beef jerky. Oh wait, the beef jerky was yesterday, and unfortunately was not preceded by any cleaning or furniture rearranging. But so far all I've managed to muster up is the occasional burst of laundry duty, and mostly that's just because it's starting to creep out the door of the laundry room and I don't like to look at it. Also, the kids are out of socks.

Hopefully it will kick in soon, or they may be wearing flip flops for the next few months.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online