Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hope

Yes, people, this is what it's come to. I have given in to the pressure so lovingly applied by advertisers, magazines and beauty campaigns. I've started thinking about wrinkles and fine lines. Not so much about them as about how NOT to have them. I figured what the hey - I am 30 now, I suppose it's time to use something other than Dove soap on my face if I want to preserve my youthful glow (ha.) I use sunscreen almost every day, I wash (pretty) regularly (does wiping off your face with a baby wipe count?) and I don't wear a lot of goopy makeup. But it's time to start investing for the future, I suppose. So, if I'm going to have to suck it up and buy fancy face cream, I prefer to invest in a company that calls it like it is.




And, if you're not quite confident in that, there's always more to buy.




These products came in a kit with a few other things - but the name of the kit was "Makeup Optional." As in, your skin will be so lovely, makeup will be optional. This makes me laugh, seeing as how it implies that putting ON makeup is optional. Or that if my skin wasn't lovely, I'd take the time to cover it with makeup. That hasn't happened (but for maybe once or twice) since early 2007. I swear, men with no children think these things up.

The beauty of it is, I've been using this stuff for about a month now, and guess what? My skin looks fab, if I do say so myself. My pores are smaller, texture is smooth, and I haven't had any of those "what the h*#! I'm not in high-school anymore" breakouts. Yay for Hope in a Bottle. Who knew that was where it lived?

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Is it too late for me?? All this time I thought hope in a bottle came with a cork!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online