Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crate & Barrel goes "green"?

So, not that I'm a total tree hugger. But I've posted before about how we're making an effort to simply pay attention to what we consume and what we support, trying to be responsible about how we dispose of our stuff and...well, you know.

We had to replace one of our barstools from Crate & Barrel this week, due to an incident involving a 6 year old hooking his feet around it when being removed to time out for hitting his brother to try and impress someone. Long story. To make it short, said barstool knocked over, hit wood floors, shattered. NOT COOL. Said 6 year old in big trouble, long lecture follows.

Anyhow, I digress. When we got the new barstool home, I stood in absolute shock while I watched Shawn unwrap layer after layer after layer of cardboard and styrofoam. Granted, I want my stool to arrive here from Indonesia or wherever without being totally destroyed. But one barstool = two full trashbags of cardboard, plus more on the side, plus and entire bag of styrofoam padding?



The best part was this - when we finally got to the stool, we found this tag underneath. Just so you know, the WOOD is from sustainable forests. Mmmmkay.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online