Monday, July 6, 2009

eiffel + us. (or, Paris, day one.)

somewhere over the atlantic.


Finally. I know. But in the last two weeks while I was NOT blogging about Paris, I was well, you know, doing other stuff. Like learning about flickr. And deciding to love it. Completely. And a few other things as well. But anyhow. Without further ado, here goes.

After a very, very long time in transit (Portland - Seattle - Paris) we arrived around 8:30 a.m. At that point, I hadn't really slept in about 24 hours, since (OH YES) my daughter got the barfing flu the night before we left. So between packing and washing sheets and jammies, there wasn't much sleeping happening. After a very crowded bus ride from the airport, and a bit of a trek from the station, we arrived at our hotel around 10:30 a.m. to find that our room was ready along with a beautiful tray of coffee. I chugged the coffee, rode the tiny elevator up to our room, admired the view from our terrace, and promptly fell asleep for four hours. I'm so awesome.

Thankfully, Shawn woke me up with plenty of time for us to walk to the eiffel tower, then climb all 700 stairs to the second floor elevator instead of waiting in line down below for two hours. I. ALMOST. DIED. However, it was lovely up top. Once I could breathe again. 20 minutes later.

The night capped off with dinner at a cafe nearby, and a peaceful walk home. Then sleep, glorious sleep. To see the entire set from day 1, click here.





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online