Wednesday, November 11, 2009

beach baptism & bonfire.



Our friends wanted to get baptized, and had for a while. They really wanted my dad to baptize them together, but hadn't found a time to do it. Then my parents took a job in Hawaii. Which I'm still not writing about. Anyhow. The only time to do it was the middle of November, on a stormy day, on the Oregon Coast. We were actually going to do it on a Saturday, but a small ...um.... tornado touched down at the beach house we were going to use. Ahem. So we rescheduled, for Sunday. It was raining off and on, but they went for it! It was a very cool moment for them and for both my parents. And I mean cool in both senses of the word. Ha. Ha.



We thought we would have to make a run for it if it started to rain, but the skies cleared, the rain held off, and it turned into a beautiful night for a bonfire, good company, chili from the pub, and maybe a cold growler (to wash down the chili of course!) I do love Pacific City. It's one of my favorite beaches on earth. Even when it's cold, and almost rainy.

It could have something to do with the people, of course. Have I mentioned that we have super friends and a super cool family? Or......FRAMILY, as we like to call them!














No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online