Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Little girls = twirly ribbon skirts

Um, yes, it's still winter.

Contrary to my hopeful post below, we've had the most crazy-ass weather I've ever seen the last few days. Pardon my profanity, but seriously. Waking up to snow, then rain, then beautiful sunshine, then a blizzard, then more sunshine and steaming pavement. And that was all by about 3 p.m. yesterday. I kid you not, people.

As such, I've been having my own little version of spring fever. Here's my first little project to coax spring into existence...



And yes, she looks a bit like a miniature french tart smoking a cigarette in that last one, but I promise she's not. Smoking, I mean. She may be a french tart. It's probably too soon to tell.

I whipped out this skirt in about an hour this afternoon - after baking this cake from my fave cooking blog and before Aidan got sick and put himself to bed, started running a fever, and Chloe projectile vomited. I was feeling much like a domestic goddess. Then, I was a goddess scrubbing baby throw up off the kitchen floor.

Anyhow, the skirt is a free pattern from oliver + s, which is the same brand as the jammies I'm working on for Chloe and my niece Charlie. Click here to see their blog, then look to the right under free patterns. It's called the lazy days skirt and it makes me want spring RIGHT NOW!! Luckily, we may get some wear out of it when we go to San Diego next week. I think it will look super cute with a tshirt or tank and some bitty sandals.

The cake is called the Pink Lady cake, and today was a practice run for Chloe's birthday, in May. I made one for the cake walk at the boys' school, which I then did not get to attend. See above paragraph about sickness and such. Regardless, it was divine. And not that difficult. And the frosting was pink and delicious and there were real pureed strawberries in the cake. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it Crazy Ass Weather, or JANKY-Ass Weather????

(this is how my daughter still things of you Sarah, introducing her to such terms...)

:)

Sarah Butler said...

Just don't bring that grandbaby around...who knows what great vocab I can impart!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online