Friday, March 6, 2009

perfect spring day




Spring is coming. I know it. I can feel it in my soul
, despite the fact that we're supposed to get more snow this weekend. Days like today...

A picnic blanket bathed in sunlight.
Golden rays warming the backs of your shoulders.
Babies squinting, hair aflame from the last rays of afternoon sun.
Basketball bouncing on the driveway.
First crocus, purple and white, unfurling.

Spring is coming. There is something delicious about the anticipation, something wonderful about the days like today being a delicacy.

"faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists." hebrews 11:1

Days like today make faith a bit easier...

On another note, I'm trying to redo the pillows on my sofa.
Hmmm. That could have been a smoother transition, I think.
But anyhow.
I want something fun, a little funky, still sophisticated, but less...neutral. Everything in my living room is neutral, and we just had it painted this really lovely shade of seaglass-ish blue green which I L.O.V.E. However, I just can't decide if this is cool, anthropologie funky or just way too much, went to the circus for pillows funky. What do you think? (it's just fabric laid over the pillows so far, so no commitments yet!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm loving the pillow on the far left with the appliqué look. What about cutting out some of the flowers from the other fabrics and doing the same thing (on a solid neutral background). It may create and "unified" look but not be too "matchy". Just an idea. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online