Tuesday, March 3, 2009

projects

We've been working on projects around here. Which is sort of nice, because when they do a project, I can maybe grab a few minutes for my own projects.

Jackson got a new set of big-guy legos for his birthday, and his little engineer brain is like in hyperdrive right now. He could not wait to get those bags of bitty pieces open. Watching him read the instruction book step by step was awesome. He was so focused...I practically had to drag him to the table for dinner. Here are a few of his finished products...




I'm also in the middle of my first ever real sewing project from a (gasp!) pattern. I've always been a make-it-up-as-you-go sewer, which is why most of my projects have involved straight lines. Pillows, quilts, curtains...I'm cruising. Sleeves? Neckbands? Excuse me? But I saw the pattern for these little wrap pajamas from oliver + s and I had to try. I can't show too much, since there's gifting involved here. I'm trying to make a coordinating set for Chloe and for my niece Charlie, the two baby princesses of the Butler clan. Here's just a little sneak peek...



I'm doing Chloe's first to work out all the kinks. We'll see how it goes...but I had fun learning to cut out and place all the pieces, etc. I've only had to go back for more fabric once...so far.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

love seeing the pictures of the engineer at work! And Aidan face is precious looking at it I can just hear him say " I'm not touching it just looking!"

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online