Saturday, December 12, 2009

fundraising.


So, remember how we're not talking about the fact that my parents moved to Hawaii? Well, before they moved, they had to downsize a bit. Like, a lot. They also needed to raise some funds for their new church, which needed a lot of work and some new chairs. So, in addition to an awesome donation from our great church, we came up with a fun way to raise a few more bucks. We invited a big group of friends to come over and buy a chunk of a sizeable wine collection.

Can I just say, it was a GREAT party. I think it might have been my best party yet. My house was full to bursting with people we love, and who love my parents. There was amazing food, great wine, a few tears, great conversation that lasted till the wee hours, and to top it all off, we raised an extra $1100. I kid you not. Our friends are amazing, and generous, and some of the best people I know. Hopefully they will enjoy their purchases!

No action shots of the night - I was just a bit too busy!




No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online