Monday, December 14, 2009

hunt.

Um, so I am frantically trying to catch up on posts so that I can get to this: WE ARE IN HAWAII, PEOPLE!! It's beautiful. And sunny. And warm. And sunny. But I have this compulsive like, THING that won't let me put up that post unitil I finish the ones from before. Damn you, type A personality. Damn you. Anyhow.

We love the christmas tree farm. We really do. We've been going to the same one since we moved to McMinnville, and it's the best. There's hot chocolate, and sunshine, and chickens, and homemade treats, and lots of mud, and best of all, a wagon ride with horses and jingle bells and all the works. So, this year, even though we didn't get a tree (WE'RE IN HAWAII, PEOPLE!!!) we couldn't let the season pass without a trip to Northwest Family Farms. So, we helped the Brewers hunt down their tree. And it was great! And did I mention all the sunshine?

obligatory family christmas tree farm pic!

the crew, carrying the giant tree

the mamas. isn't my friend amy just too cute?

just so you know, this is james. my daughter's future husband.
because seriously, who would not want to sit across the thanksgiving table
from that face for the rest of your life?
and how could you not love a
three year old who calls your daughter "baby o-ey" and kisses her on
both cheeks whenever given the opportunity?


The main problem with my children is that they're just so un-photogenic. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.



And p.s.? Please lock up your daughters between the ages of two and seven. Because I simply cannot be responsible for their actions when he looks at them like this.


Or this.


Or when he smiles at them like this.


Oh dear. We're in for some trouble with this one.



After working hard to build consensus on the PERFECT christmas tree, we refueled at Zippy's Pizza. Of course, the pizza and the company were the best, and the arcade games are always a hit, but on this lovely Saturday in December the highlight of the day was the vending machine full of fake .... mustaches. Seriously, I hope everybody who has children enjoys them as much as we do. Because our kids are super fun. And after all the trauma of raising them, the least they can do is put on a fake mustache, stand against the wall, let us take their pictures and laugh hysterically about them for years to come. I mean, come on.





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online