Saturday, December 19, 2009

hawaii!

We made it. We're here.

After a few sketchy moments with the Delta ground crew in Portland (explain to me how you sat my 4 year old 20 rows away from me again? and how you don't see that as a problem? and how my husband has to get all up in your grill to make you find us a seat together?) and a very long flight (1.25 hours delay - see previous sentence about seating issues, and add in some headwinds) we finally got to Oahu.

And folks, it's lovely. I'm a PacNW girl deep in my heart, but in the middle of December there is something sweet and wonderful about 80 degrees and sunny. Plus, there's my parents. Who now live and work here. So.

Lots of photos. Click here if you want to see the whole set on flickr. We're beaching, and lounging, and hanging around in the sunshine. Today we went and cut down a crazy Hawaiian Christmas tree (also know as a Norfolk Pine.) More photos will follow, but here's a start. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, right?....








1 comment:

Bill Wertz said...

You know...you are simply an amazing person...despite the fact that you are my daughter...you are a truly amazing photographer and writer. I can't tell you how proud of you I am when I read these updates...well and all the rest of the time too. You are a blessing to me.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online