Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Crush...





Living in wine country provides opportunities that you might not get in, say, Timbuktu. For instance, some of your friends might happen to be winemakers. And they might invite you to come out to their pretty little vineyard for a harvest lunch, which is intended to "bribe" you to help them with the crushing of 3 or 4 tons of grapes. As though you might need to be "bribed" to come and make wine. One might even think that you should be making lunch for them. Luckily, our awesome friends over at Sejourne and Zenas Wines didn't see it that way. They thought we were doing THEM a favor.

I'll just set the scene for you momentarily. Imagine a beautiful October day, unseasonably warm. It's the kind of day that's made for being outside. You know cold days are coming, but NOT. YET. A table, set with linens and glassware, sits on a lawn in front of rows and rows of lavender plants. A picnic blanket sits nearby, waiting for the happy children who have been playing nearby with their lovely babysitter. (yes, there was even babysitting. Does the good news ever STOP coming?) Good friends, great food, amazing wine, sunshine, babies, lavender, turning leaves - it was a truly beautiful, memorable day. I even put Chloe in the Babyhawk on my back and climbed up on the scaffolding to sort pinot noir grapes. So. Much. Fun. Seriously. Robyn, Kevin - Salud!













2 comments:

Tracy said...

Really? All that plus children running through lavendar fields...I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous:)

Kelly McMillan said...

Ok....I am jealous...I am jealous...I am jealous! Looked like a day in heaven!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online